The ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is seen as the ‘must-have’ qualification for the IT professional who wishes to continue to develop their role within IT Service Management.
If you want to stand out from the crowd, achieving the ITIL® Foundation qualification is certainly a step in the right direction. This training course provides an introduction to the key processes within the ITIL® Framework.
Once accreditation has been achieved by passing the exam, you can then decide the relevant path that you wish to take through the ITIL® Intermediate qualifications, ultimately achieving the ITIL® Expert accreditation.
About the Courses
All of our tutors are experienced and accredited ITIL® Experts with relevant ITSM (IT Service Management) industry experience. They will explain in detail the benefits, inputs, outputs and challenges of each of the lifecycle stages:
ITIL® Service Strategy
You’ll learn how customers, users and IT work together to achieve the aims of the organisation.
ITIL® Service Design
You’ll learn how to ensure that the design of any services meet the needs of both the organisation and the IT teams.
ITIL® Service Transition
You’ll learn about building and testing the services defined in the design stage, prior to promoting them to the live environment.
ITIL® Service Operation
You’ll learn about the processes that will need to be in place to support the services once they have been implemented. You’ll also learn about what is needed to monitor and support the services and fix any issues that may be identified.
ITIL® Continual Service Improvement
You’ll learn that the aim of Continual Service Improvement is to regularly review the services in order to identify if any improvements are required.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who want a basic understanding of the ITIL® Framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT Service Management within an organisation.
- For IT professionals who are working within an organisation that has already adopted and adapted ITIL®, but who need to be informed about how they can contribute to an on-going service improvement programme.
- Reduced costs achieved through fewer incidents caused by failed change (less rework)
- Improved productivity through more efficient and effective processes
- Increased customer retention via improved customer satisfaction
- Competitive advantages through improved speed to market of IT goods and services
- Better adherence and compliance to contractual obligations in turn reducing legal risk and the associated costs
- Enhanced career prospects with your organisation
- Improved job opportunities within the ITSM industry
- Increased job satisfaction
- A better understanding of your role and the role of others, reducing conflict which may lead to stressful situations
- The ability to measure your personal performance and worth based on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- ITIL® Foundation Handbook
- ITIL® Quick Reference Guide
- ITIL® Governance and Operational Process Map
- ITIL® Credit Profiler
- Information for BCS Exam Candidates
- Hardback Course Manual
- Course Slides
- Exercises and Handouts
- Sample Questions and ITIL® Foundation Quiz
- Free Pen with Highlighter
There are no formal entry requirements for this training course, although delegates should ideally have a general awareness of IT and a basic understanding of the business environment.
- Specific Course Joining Instructions
- Course Syllabus
- Notes and Course Introduction
The course ends with a 1 hour (additional 15 minutes for non-native English speakers) ‘closed book’ classroom based multiple choice paper of 40 questions. In order to gain the pass mark, you must achieve at least 26 marks out of possible 40 (65% is the target).
The successful completion of the test will give you 2 Credits towards the ITIL® Expert qualification.
All our courses are available both as public and as a closed group (company internal).
Once you have completed your training and passed your exam you have several options available to you for further study and career enhancement.
ITIL® Capability Modules
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Please contact us for more info.