Duration: 2 days
Exam Included: Yes
Qualification: PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate
- 2.5 days Prince2 Foundation + 2.5 days Prince2 Practitioner
Our 2-day PRINCE2® Practitioner training course covers the same PRINCE2® method and the Processes, Themes and Principles as our 3-day PRINCE2® Foundation course, but to a much greater level of detail in order to prepare you for the examination.
During our PRINCE2® Practitioner course, we will dissect the management products used in each Theme and Process for a full understanding of how they should be used to manage a project.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
About the courses
The purpose of our PRINCE2® Practitioner training course is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® in a scenario situation. You should already be able to start applying PRINCE2® methods to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations, these skills will be covered on our PRINCE2® Practitioner course.
Our PRINCE2® Practitioner course will cover the following subjects:
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting Up A Project Process
- Directing A Project Process
- Initiating A Project Process
- Controlling A Stage Process
- Managing A Product Delivery Process
- Managing A Stage Boundary Process
- Closing A Project Process
- Tailoring The PRINCE2® To The Project Environment
Who Should Attend
Our PRINCE2® Practitioner course is aimed at Project Managers, Project Management Consultants and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects who are required, or wish, to have a greater depth of knowledge of the method, including:
- Project Board Members
- Senior Responsible Owners
- Project Sponsors
- Team Managers
- Product Delivery Managers
- Business Analysts
- Subject Matter Experts delivering, or providing expertise to, a project
- Project Assurance
- Business Change Analysts
- Change Board Members
- Project Support
- Project Office Support Staff
- Programme Office Personnel
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the Project Management Lifecycle.
- Utilise an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognised Project Management Method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
- Full Materials Including Official ‘Managing Successful Project With PRINCE2®’ Manual
- Highly Skilled and Knowledgeable Tutors
- PRINCE2® Practitioner Examination
You will be given comprehensive pre-course reading that you will need to complete before attending our PRINCE2® Foundation training course.
You should already hold the PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate prior to attending our PRINCE2® Practitioner classroom course.
- 80 multiple-choice questions
- The examination duration is 2 1/2 hours
- The pass mark is 44 marks out of 80 questions (55% pass mark)
The examination is taken on the afternoon of the 2-nd day.
All our courses are available both as public and as a closed group (company internal).
Once you have completed your training and passed your exam you have several options available to you for further study and career enhancement.
Prince2® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Please contact us for more info.